Bodie Double Outer Banks Lighthouse
Reflection of sunrise at Bodie Island Lighthouse after a hard rain.
Bodie Island Light Station is at the north end of of Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
The first lighthouse was built in 1847. It began to lean after two years due to a faulty foundation and was abandoned in 1859.
The next lighthouse, built on a nearby site, fell victim to the Confederate troops during the Civil War. It was destroyed to hinder navigating on the East Coast by the Union.
Construction began on the current Bodie Island Lighthouse in 1871. Unlike the first two attempts, it was located on the north end of Oregon Inlet. The land was purchased for $150 from Jhon Etheridge.
After the lighthouse opened there was a problem with flocks of geese colliding into the Fresnel lens. Placing screens in from the lens corrected the problem.
The lighthouse was renovated in 2013 and still functions as a navigational aid. After the renovation the tower was opened to the public for climbing.
The logo on the photos is for copyright purposes only and does not appear on the finish prints!
STRETCHED CANVAS WRAPS
- The Canvas Wraps aren’t stretched around a hollow frame. They’re professionally mounted to a solid wood structure, which means they are guaranteed to never sag or warp.
- This construction process allows the Canvas Wraps to be noticeably tighter and have clean corners.
- The archival quality canvas is treated with a protective UV coating, making it resistant to fading over time. Simply wipe with a damp cloth to maintain their brilliant appearance.
- Each piece is finished with a classic, black matboard backing and a pre-installed sawtooth or wire hanger. Protective wall bumpers are included with every order.
Canvas wraps are available in three large sizes, 16” by 24”, 20” by 30”, and 24” by 36”. All three sizes are 1 1/2 inches deep, for a dramatic presentation.
Lustre Photo Prints
- Lustre finish has a slightly textured surface. This finish allows for some light reflection, but not enough to cause glare. Images have more color saturation and less texture on the paper's surface, increases the sharpness of the image.
- The lustre prints are printed on Kodak Professional Endura Premier Lustre Paper. It features a large color gamut and over 100 years before noticeable fading in a typical home display. It is a bright white paper for highly detailed printing.
Lustre Prints in Mats
- All matted luster prints are signed, on the mat by the photographer. There is a short bio with the title of the image on the back of each matted print. Each matted print is placed inside a clear plastic bag for protection.
- 13” by 19” luster print in 18” by 24” ivory mat has a foam core backing board.
- 8” by 10” luster print in a 11” by 14” double mat, ivory on the outside mat and black on the inside mat.
- 5” by 7” luster print in a 8” by 10” double mat, ivory on the outside mat and black on the inside mat.
- 4” by 6” luster print in a 5” by 7” ivory mat.
Personal Digital Downloads
- All of my photos are available to download for personal use, I reserve all other rights to these images.
- The size of 1500 pixels on the long edge, is large enough for a high quality 4 x 6 inch print or to use online.
- The digital file will be delivered to your email address within two days of the order.
- All of the photos are on my website are available as stock photographs. Please contact me at: dan@obxPhotoPrints.com