Sea Glass Shower Outer Banks
I photographed this in my backyard using an oscillating sprinkler. The slow shutter speed and back light made the sprinkler look like raindrops.
This sea glass was found on the beaches of the Outer Banks. It is just a small part of our collection started in 1990 when we moved to the Outer Banks.
Sea glass is also known as beach glass, or mermaids tears. It is simply glass that has been dropped into the ocean and the tumbling action of the waves, with salt water, rounds the corners and gives it a frosted finish. This takes approximately five to fifty years to happen.
Sea glass is becoming harder and harder to find. More containers that used to be made from glass are now being made with plastic and glass is now being recycled. The best time to find sea glass is often after a storm, when the waves have washed new treasures up on to the beach. Having the sun at a low angle with a receding tide, will help you find the glass.
Happy sea glass hunting!
The logo on the photos is for copyright purposes only and does not appear on the finish prints!
STRETCHED CANVAS WRAPS
- The Canvas Wraps aren’t stretched around a hollow frame. They’re professionally mounted to a solid wood structure, which means they are guaranteed to never sag or warp.
- This construction process allows the Canvas Wraps to be noticeably tighter and have clean corners.
- The archival quality canvas is treated with a protective UV coating, making it resistant to fading over time. Simply wipe with a damp cloth to maintain their brilliant appearance.
- Each piece is finished with a classic, black matboard backing and a pre-installed sawtooth or wire hanger. Protective wall bumpers are included with every order.
Canvas wraps are available in three large sizes, 16” by 24”, 20” by 30”, and 24” by 36”. All three sizes are 1 1/2 inches deep, for a dramatic presentation.
Lustre Photo Prints
- Lustre finish has a slightly textured surface. This finish allows for some light reflection, but not enough to cause glare. Images have more color saturation and less texture on the paper's surface, increases the sharpness of the image.
- The lustre prints are printed on Kodak Professional Endura Premier Lustre Paper. It features a large color gamut and over 100 years before noticeable fading in a typical home display. It is a bright white paper for highly detailed printing.
Lustre Prints in Mats
- All matted luster prints are signed, on the mat by the photographer. There is a short bio with the title of the image on the back of each matted print. Each matted print is placed inside a clear plastic bag for protection.
- 13” by 19” luster print in 18” by 24” ivory mat has a foam core backing board.
- 8” by 10” luster print in a 11” by 14” double mat, ivory on the outside mat and black on the inside mat.
- 5” by 7” luster print in a 8” by 10” double mat, ivory on the outside mat and black on the inside mat.
- 4” by 6” luster print in a 5” by 7” ivory mat.
Personal Digital Downloads
- All of my photos are available to download for personal use, I reserve all other rights to these images.
- The size of 1500 pixels on the long edge, is large enough for a high quality 4 x 6 inch print or to use online.
- The digital file will be delivered to your email address within two days of the order.
- All of the photos are on my website are available as stock photographs. Please contact me at: dan@obxPhotoPrints.com